Monday, March 2, 2009

lucky stars and snowy nights

Its snowing a lot which made me decide to stay at home today.
So I'm still in my PJ's and its almost 1PM, but I don't care.

I was going to take my dog out to enjoy the snow, but as I'm looking out there right now, the snow is pretty much horizontal which I'm not sure I want to deal with.
Maybe later...

What I was really going to write about is my excitement.
I was at the local high school so I can let my dog run around freely, when I saw something in the distance.
I was thinking, looks like a camera.
I got closer and that's when I noticed it was a camera. A Holga 120N in fact.
At first I thought, oh it probably doesn't work.
But then I remembered that holgas are pretty much made out of plastic.
So I took it apart, cleaned it up, and let it dry out.
The shutter looks like it still works so I got a Holga for free.
I always wanted one, but I didn't want to dish out the money.
YAY!
Found Holga

I can't wait to play with it.

3 comments:

Parallax said...

Wow, what a lucky find. I guess it pays to keep your eyes open ...

Creative Coquette said...

Oooooo awesome luck indeed!

cabin + cub said...

I got my hubby a holga... it takes such pretty pics.
you'll have so much fun with yours!